preWeb IT Solutions is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and takes protection of your data seriously. We want you to understand how we collect, use and protect the information that you provide.
- what personal data we collect and store about you, and how we collect it
- why we collect personal data and what we do with it
- how we retain your information and keep it secure
- transferring data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
- your rights and how to exercise them
- changes to this notice
- how to contact us
1. What personal data we collect and store about you, and how we collect it
Personal data may be collected when:
- you visit the website
- enter your details onto the website
- you enter into an agreement for the provision of services with us
- contact us by email, telephone or social media
You may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including, but not limited to name, address, telephone and email address. This data is stored securely with encrypted password protection and is not, under any circumstances, sold to or shared with third parties.
2. Why we collect personal data and how we use your information
We gather information to allow us to process your enquiries. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to your enquiry. We may also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our organisation.
We may ask you for information when you report a problem with the website in order to verify your identity. In particular, we may use your information to contact you about important changes or developments to the website or our organisation.
Further, where you have consented by any means, we might also use your information to let you know about other services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you by post, telephone as well as by email.
If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How we retain your information and keep it secure
Any personal data that we have about you will only be held as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it has been collected.
All data will be reviewed for appropriate retention following suspension and termination of services with us.
We take all reasonable steps to keep your data safe and secure and to ensure that the data is accessed only by those employed by preWeb IT Solutions. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use appropriate security measures to try and prevent unauthorised access.
4. Transferring data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
5. Your rights and how to exercise them
The law allows you rights of access to information that is being held about you by us under the following:
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Right of access to your personal data, and the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right to have personal data we process about you updated – please ensure that you inform us of any changes to your personal data on a timely basis
- Right of erasure – this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
- The right to object to, or restrict the processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing or where there is a particular situation which means that you want to object
- Right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data - this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please email email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights), however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is excessive, unfounded or repetitive.
6. Changes to this notice
7. How to contact us
All comments, queries and requests relating to the use of your information should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any complaints about how your data is used by us, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners' Office, who regulate data use and protection in the UK.